Saturday, December 11, 2010

Advent

There is something special with this pre-Christmas season. I thoroughly enjoy it. This Sunday evening I have been writing Christmas cards, listening to Christmas carols, eating chocolate while Ingunn is coaching a client.

We have had a spell with very cold weather, extremely cold weather for Norway and this time of year. November was the coldest in a hundred years. Well I get used to it, so after a while it is not too bad, but I mean temps as low as -20° (C) is very cold. My problem with winter is that I get sore finger tips which can be very painful. So I have summa sumarum realized I'm not supposed to live here during the hardest part of winter, which usually is January and February.

But finally, yesterday and today have been quite mild, but still sub-zero, which is fine because temperature round or above zero makes the roads slippery and dirty. In this country they are using tons of road salt to avoid icy roads. Well that does not work when the temperature is below -8° C, that also means roads are quite "dry" and the cars don't get all that dirty. See what I mean? If you look around very carefully, low temperature has its few advantages. Not very good for the car engines though.

So can you expect a Christmas card? Could be. Keep checking the mail box.

No comments: