This winter has been extraordinary cold in Oslo, but part of the challenges id also due to the fact that we have no car so we have to use public transport for whatever need we have. Well, public transport in Norway (and Europe) is quite a different matter compared to the USA. But still it is no fun to wait 30 minutes for a delayed bus when the temperature is -15(F).
Suppose we will rent a car when we enter the month of March, there is a rental company called Rent-a-Wreck (suppose it is an American idea) and they will provide a cheap car for us.
Today we have been out skiing. I am not a very keen skier, Philip is more into downhill and snow boarding that x-country, but Tia likes cross-country. And she is very eager, but a bit frightened skiing down steep hills. She'll get used to it.
Next week the school arranges a ski outing, that is tradition in this country. Anyway every Thursday Tia has outdoor class. Irrespective of temperature, rain or snow.
Winter olympics started yesterday, that is the thing in this country. I am not all that into sports so no way am I going to sit hours in front of the TV to watch whatever.
It is Saturday afternoon, the sky to west is so beautiful as I look out the window in our living room. Ingunn is out of the house visiting some family, Philip's at a friends house, Tia's watching TV and I am keeping the world informed about our activities.
This is what it looks like in Oslo right now!
And by the way, next Saturday is our wedding aniversary.

No comments:
Post a Comment