Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Glasses

It was doomed to happen. And yesterday was the day. My glasses broke. I was tying Philips shoelaces on his huge Canadian wintershoes.

I had bent down to tie them and he bended down to something with his outdoor winter pants. Then he suddenly rose up and on his way hit my glasses fairly hard just where the frame is fastened to the glass. So he hit me just on the outer top side of my right eyebrow by the temporal. The glass broke and so did the frame, the glasses fell to the floor but part of the frame drilled into my eyebrow and was well fastened there, the part that goes behind the ear. Ingunn could not get it loose. So she suggested we made a trip to the ER, which of course could have been ok if we had a car, but I could not really see myself on the subway or the bus with this thing hanging freely from my right eyebrow. I was not bleeding, but it hurt. After all this metal thing went straight through the skin and hit the bone.

Long story short, Ingunn finally managed to remove it. Put on some antiseptic and a couple of band aids. I had a headache.

Philip was of course sad.

And I thought: this was exactly what we needed now: a $1500 expenditure for new glasses. That's how life is. Well, these glasses have been somewhat loose in their "joints" for quite a while and I have focused on the fact that I did not want them to break so I would have to buy new ones, because I would have to if they broke and that was not a priority right now. So the Law of Attraction works in case you are in doubt. You get what you focus on. I cannot read or write or do anything as most things get flurry without my glasses.
I had to find my old ones, which luckily was here and not in a box in the US. But it's almost three years since I last used them, so now I feel like I have not slept for a few days.

No comments: