Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

I have said this before. I love these tranquil mornings. Pause for thought, time to communicate with the world. Or just some contemplation.

"Pause for thought" is one of my favorite expressions. I have it from BBC Radio 2. They had, and might be they still have, their Pause for thought in their morning shows. 5 minutes or so.

BBC Radio 2 used to be my favorite radio station. Remember I went to university in Manchester, Britain. During summer vacation I had summer jobs as a fisherman on board one of these Norwegian ocean traveling purse seiners emptying the oceans for whatever species there might be.

As you can read in my book I have plowed the Barents sea, Norwegian and North seas. In the North and Norwegian seas usually just west of The Shetland islands, Hebrides/Orkneys or thereabout and alone on the bridge on night watch I used to listen to Radio 2 on BBC. I'll never forget their jingle at the time; beautiful music and then: "You're in tune with Radio 2" by a soft and gentle female voice.

Today is Boxing day. We wanted a white Christmas and the Law of Attraction works just fine. (Yes it still works, and according to the weather man it will not stop working till this afternoon). A white Christmas we got. We forgot to put any limits on the loads of snow we wanted, so it has been snowing since Christmas Eve. I was shoveling tons of snow from our driveway yesterday (it's rather long and fairly steep). I mean, we cannot risk we won't get a car to our house until April or something. Today I have to do it all over again. Just as I had done the job yesterday it started to snow again. The snowing paused while I did what I had to do, probably to make sure I kept my motivation on top. So when all the snow was cleared - room for more. Yeah!

No worry that I will gain any weight this Christmas.

No comments: