It is one of these pristine mornings again. It is fairly dark outside because all the snow has gone. Been very mild the last few days, so it all melted away. The forecast is for colder weather now, but then there is a chance for a not so very white Christmas. We can still hope.
Festung Oslo is back to normal. Obama is back home, we can relax. Good to see him, he came - and he won. I think he felt
welcome. He probably held one of his most important speeches ever. I am glad that was in Oslo.
For all the critics: No peace price; no opportunity for that particular speech, and the air would have been much duller. It was one of those speeches that will set the standard for foreign policy, diplomacy and the like for many years ahead. For Europe and the US alike.
And... it was a proud American that received the Peace prize. So this couple took Norway with storm as we would say.
It would not have been the case with the former president. I think it is better for the US to be part of the world than on the sideline and on your own. So welcome back. The world needs you, you need the world.
A good and a challenging week. Ingunn finally got started in her new job. And she is thrown right into it all. Which of course she likes very much, but also is a bit scary. As you might know she got this job offer a while ago, but declined because the contract was way too rigid. I think the disappointment was equally big on both sides. So they came back and asked if there was anything they could do. So Ingunn got the job to draft an attachment to the contract that took care of her interests, our interests.
All accepted. She will prosper, they will prosper.
The challenges have more been on my side. Coaching, teaching, helping people that do not want help, even though they really need it. They don't see it. Don't want or dare to face reality. How can I crack the code? "These things are sent to try me and I shall probably emerge as a nobler soul from the experience". That's my mantra right now.
We're heading towards Christmas, I need the 11 days of rest. (This is Norway). When it is Christmas we celebrate Christmas.
Have a good one.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment