A very happy Christmas to you all. May it be peaceful and a time for reflection and relaxation, refueling for the new year with new challenges.
Having had a warm and sunny Christmas last year in Florida, we are in for a white and at least much cooler Christmas this year.
A dream Christmas with snow falling on Christmas eve, and Christmas day morning as well for that sake and now in the evening. We celebrated Norwegian Christmas together with Ingunn's family and then we had a bit of American Christmas as well at home only the four of us this morning.
Good traditional food is part of the celebrations, and I realize as I get older that the traditions, the food and the possibility for a pause for thought is much more important than the presents.
Christmas day has been fun. Ingunn, Philip and Tia has been out playing in the snow. Philip snow boarding with his new snow board and Tia and Mom tobogganing. While I have cleared a ton or two of snow from the driveway. 10-15 inches of snow that have blessed us since yesterday. And as we are blessed with even more snow this evening, I'll have to do it all over again tomorrow.
Tomorrow we will have Ingunn's parents for dinner. Very typical western Norway Christmas dinner, cured lam ribs, steamed for hours and hours. Served with almond potatoes and mashed rutabaga.
I decided to give away my book as a Christmas present to people on our list and to people on Facebook and Twitter. It is the e-book version. I have enjoyed noticing where all the people downloading it are living. Apart from South America all continents are represented which of course makes me proud and gives me great satisfaction.
Enjoy your holiday!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment