I wake up early in the mornings. And especially these week+end mornings now before Christmas I have great joy sitting down contemplating and listening to Christmas carols and sipping my coffee. It is something with me and Christmas carols. I do love them. All sorts and varieties. Ingunn, Tia and Philip asleep, dark outside, these days lit up by a little snow that will go away in a few days because it is getting milder. As I sit here listening to the low music not to wake up the rest, I wished it would last for ever. No work, no school no nothing just me, my family getting a good rest. Well, that's not how it all works. And what makes it exciting is that it does not last for ever. And I don't really want it to either.
I have written it before, we have a beautiful view of Oslo. That's one of the benefits of living in a hilly country. Not that Oslo is hilly, by no means. But we live at an altitude of about 600 feet, which helps.
So next week Obama is coming. Looking forward to that. Not that I am going to meet him. But Norway is one of The US' most reliable allies, so it is good he's been here paying a visit. Clinton came. Bush never did, he did not like us, we asked a few questions regarding the Iraq invasion. Well, we did participate for a while. And we are present in Afghanistan, and we should.
Yesterday was the traditional advent party at Ingunn's parents house. Full dinner, singing, playing, games, fun presents etc. We were 15 people so it was quite a pack.
A rarity has happened in the family. Philip has a sore throat. He is never ill, but this week end his throat has been very sore, a little fever and painful to swallow. We have to see if we should get him to the doctor today. he has to stay home from school tomorrow. That's for sure.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We hope Philip is getting better soon. We love the Christmas too here so sing louder friend! We cannot hear you here. It is faint, but we want more. Hope his throat feels better soon.
Our love to your wife and daughter as well. We love you all and still plan on being your neighbors again one day!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment